Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spot Light On.....Mike Best


Spot Light on visits with one guy who might be referred to in polite company as a "Hockey Harlot" having plied his craft for more teams than not it seems. He wears or has worn several hats around the rink- Hockey Dad/Coach/Coridinator/Skater/Goalie, he's Mike "Beastie" Best.

Home town?
Originally from Bristol, England, but have lived in Canada, Algeria and here in good old Dallas for 11 years

Hockey experience?

Played a little as a kid in Canada, but then played at Nytex when it was Blue Line and also over at Euless and Valley Ranch.

I am still rubbish, but will die trying!

Current/Past teams?

Currently I am playing on the Spider Monkeys as goalie and on the Ice Kings in D league as goalie. I started playing goalie to find out what it was like as my son was a goalie for the Squirt Brahmas Travel Team. It is for me, the best and worst place on the ice! As Bill Ivey says, you are the hero or the zero for sure.

Hobbies?

I have kids and three of us play Hockey! When do I have time and money to have a hobby!

Pre game ritual?

10 beers, packet of smokes and a prayer! Especially when playing for the Ice Kings!

Hockey Hero?

Any goalie in the NHL, that shit's got to hurt!

Hockey Nemesis?

Hvidston! And he is my coordinator! ;o)

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Somebody already took Invisibility, so I will go with Reflexive Precognition :- The ability to see moments in time before they happen

Ginger or Mary Anne? Mary Anne of course, don't do redheads!

Your message to the NYTEX Hockey community is?

Keep on playing, it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! The Nytex family is a great bunch of guys and girls and we all should keep it fun and safe. We also should try to set up a travel team to go and do an I-League tournament sometime! What a drunken bash that would be!





No comments:

Post a Comment