Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fashion Statement...?


It’s true that I have not been around the hockey block too many times, so maybe I’m just way behind on this one. Anyway, I have been noticing something around the rink lately and I’ll let you explain it to me. What’s up with wearing two different hockey socks? I’ve seen it in practice and I’ve seen it in games. Don’t tell me that you are color blind or you were in a hurry and grabbed the first socks out of your bag (slob theory)… I don’t really believe that. I guess there is a fashion statement being made and I simply want to know what the statement is. Surely, if you can afford to play in the league you can shell out another $15 for socks. I can’t recall ever seeing this in any other sport. I do remember the girls in junior high wearing two different socks and shoes at times, but that’s the only thing I can compare it to. Isn’t there a man-law against this, or am I the one who needs to review the hockey dress code? I guess two different colored gloves will be next…?

4 comments:

  1. i think the Spider Monkeys started that gay trend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are living up to your name these days, aren't you I.H.?

    Mis-matched socks have been and will be in rec league hockey for as long as I can remember and forsee.

    $15 is $15 and any hockey player that enjoys a cold one or a fattie after the game once in a while, or every time will trade some yahoo making fun of his socks for said after game treat....

    Don't like it? Donate to those you see fit to outfit in the manner of your choosing. Until then, I guess you will have to look the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there is a reason i have this name. And if you read my post correcty, i never said i didn't like it, i said it was gay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes you did. So you like being gay?

    ReplyDelete