Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

Saturday Recap

This weekend’s games were not as close as we had hoped. Three of the four games were blowouts, and the fourth while not a complete blowout was a one sided affair for sure.




Saturday kicked off with a pair of matinee games. First being two time Keg winners MIB vs the Senators. This game started out close, but the Sens eventually put the pedal to the metal and passed MIB 9-3. The game was called by referee Greg Niemi with a minute left to go as tensions were mounting. A member of the Senators team threw one of MIB’s sticks about 8 rows up in Section O, and a member of MIB threw a punch at one of the sens after the refs broke up a minor skirmish. All told two guys were tossed and both players will serve a suspension for their actions.



Next up the Whalers blew away the Average Joes 8-1. Big shout out to Whalers Coordinator Darrin Ellis who had himself a hat trick. Way to be Darrin that is strong play buddy!



First game of the evening featured the Jumpers vs the Bandits. 10-1 Jumpers on this one. Bandits were missing several key players, and Jumpers were on steroids.



The late affair featured the Jumpers minor league affiliate Mud Ducks vs the Lower Division Powerhouse Keller Indians aka the Tribe. Tribe rolled up the Ducks 5-1.



Thoughts…

13 comments:

  1. I'm kinda sore after playing the Puddle Jumpers. I love the physical play, sorta checking type stuff. They ran the score up on us to show off for their girlfriends in the third, but it was close till then. We'll see you again.
    #33 Bandits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bandits had a melt down in net and that is why the score was so lopsided.
    Perry spat his pacifier out and decided not to shake hands at the end.
    It is only a game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget the shot on goal totals but it definitely felt a lot closer than it turned out. Especially the first two periods.

    #22 Bandits

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the game as well. Aside from "Monster's" head-hunting and slashing, the contact between the players was obviously incidental. Perry made some good saves in the game, but once his mind went away, that was the end of it.
    Good game, Gents!
    PJ 42

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was closer than the goals showed, I think it was 23 shots to 25 maybe.
    The first was a great period, the end of the second and the third got away.
    Good game though, I like the extra physical contact being allowed a bit by the refs, not checking, but a bit more of the rough and tumble...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chad... I wish I had the hat trick, but again... the scorekeeper was wrong. I put 2 in the net along with 2 other Whalers vs. the Joes. On Thursday we beat the Stingers in a shoot out... that was a very competitive game and I'm glad it didn't turn into a bloody mess like some other games on Saturday. The Stingers were a little chippy, but I can't complain about that game. I'm sure our next meeting with them will be quite a match-up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't say the stingers got chippy as much as I would say that both teams were playing at a high intensity (both teams have hot heads). These two teams are just fairly evenly matched and are just going to play tight hockey games. The last game of the session between these two should be one hell of a game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh, sorry Darrin. This is a perfect example of why when a team scores a goal, the captain on the ice or team representative needs to go to the ref and confirm who had the goal and assists. Then after the game check with the scorekeeper to make sure he copied it all down right. Many times there will be a number 3 listed for a goal when there wasnt even a #3 on the team. Scorekeeper either hears the number from the ref wrong or is dyslexic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monster's "head-hunting and slashing".... Give me a break, ass-lick! This guy isn't called Monster for nothing.. He is 6 foot 32 for Christ's sake! His elbow I'll bet comes up to your VAGINA. He never intended to high stick anyone, your guy just happened to bend over in front of him at the wrong time. Accidents will happen. Get over it! The "slash" was nothing more than one of your ringers making things look worse than it was....

    I would say FUCK YOU! but that would be classless. So instead, I will merely say, Blow Me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are gonna talk shit about someone and call them a pussy then dont be a pussy and hide behind your keyboard. Grab your nuts and put your name and number up here for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "dont be a pussy and hide behind your keyboard"

    I agree...maybe be like a certain douchebag and throw a stick into the stands! That'll show everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did I call anyone a pussy? I don't think so. I merely stated that I thought you had a vagina. Talk shit? Nope... I just call 'em like I see 'em...

    My name is Steve, come talk to me.... I love a good hockey debate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is very useful for me.I really like you post.Thanks for sharing.

    หนังใหม่

    ReplyDelete