Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spot Light On.....The Westbrooks



While most would agree running off to play a late night beer league game is a welcome break from the old ball and chain, these two don’t have that luxury, they play on the same team! Spot Light On shines on the rare husband/wife skating duo, James and Tracey Westbrook..…



Home Town?

He said: Denver, CO

She said: Dallas

Hockey Experience?

He said: First competitive game at age of 39

She said: Um, I remember watching the US win Gold in the Miracle game when I was a kid. Does that count????

Past/Present teams?

He said: Grapevine Imposter Lite/Spider Monkeys/Greenleafs

She said: Spider Monkeys - I League. Green LeafES, present, D-League.

Hobbies?

He said: Family/Beer/ Hockey when there is time

She said: Who has time for a hobby? I guess keeping James out of trouble counts.

Pre-game ritual?

He said: Avoiding pulling muscles while putting gear on

She said: Laughing at my husband’s cod piece in the locker room (that would be his cup – its hilarious)! And, trying not to gag on the stench of stinky guy ass. I do both before every game.

Hockey Hero?

He said: Gordie Howe

She said: My son, Drew. Boy, I wish I could skate like him.

Hockey Nemesis?

He said: Sean Avery

She said: The kid who dislocated my son’s shoulder in Pee Wee hockey 4 years ago. I would kick the kid square in the shin if I ran in to him today.

If you could be granted one super power, what would it be?

He said: Infinite Knowledge

She said: Hmm. Probably super speed. I spend so much time in the car running kids around, sure would be nice to be able to get every where in a flash!

Ginger or Mary Anne?

He said: Mary Anne – Seems more innocent

She said: Neither. The Professor was really more my speed, being a heterosexual and all.

Your message to the NYTEX hockey community….

He said: I was introduced to inline hockey in 2002 when my 6 year old son tried out for a local inline league – they were short on coaches so I jumped in. Prior to this I had never watched a game of hockey or played. With ¾ members of the family playing and the fourth trying to be a fan, we have shared some great times together. Hockey is a great family sport. You are never too young or old to start!

She said: So, I am well aware that I can’t skate or play hockey with any proficiency. I’m just there for the beer. So, thanks to all of you who have a sense of sportsmanship and humor about my presence. You guys make it fun. The rest of you suck!

6 comments:

  1. This blog packed up its balls and went home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great feature, just need to add some game recaps to heat things up a bit..but I do like the team and player info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green Leafs: Look forward to playing last regular season game against your team.

    Word of news: Two teams in Silver League will not be making play-offs. That would be the Chupacabras folding and the Borrachos for not having enough players because of fighting 3 game suspension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rumors of wars manApril 27, 2010 at 7:52 PM

    Rumors of the Borrachos demise are greatly exaturated...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I get a piece of her? She is quite the hot momma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. learn how to skate...

    ReplyDelete